Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning: Montgomery County
We all know that clean carpets look great underfoot, but did you also know that regularly cleaning the carpet in your home or office also plays an important role in your indoor air quality? As everyday contaminants such as dirt, dander, hair and dust accumulate in the fibers over time and use, carpet can trap irritating allergens that need to be removed. That’s where we come in here at Maid Magic Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning.
Our deep steam-cleaning process can restore life to your carpet and upholstery in only a few hours and remove all of those deep-seated contaminants at the same time.
The Benefits of Our Carpet Cleaning Service
Your carpet acts as a filter, trapping airborne particles, allergens and contaminants and preventing them from recirculating through the air. Like other types of filters, it will eventually reach a saturation point. For those who suffer from allergies this is of particular concern; a carpet that can no longer filter allergens will reintroduce them with each step, reducing indoor air quality.
While routine vacuuming is essential to removing surface dirt and debris, even the most powerful household vacuum can’t remove it all. A professional cleaning from our team gets deep down into the fibers, releasing particulates and removing them for good.
Protect Your Investment
The flooring in your home or office is a big investment in the health and comfort of your family. Over time the same contaminants that reside in the fibers can begin to break them down, particularly in higher traffic areas as each footstep causes friction.
An improperly maintained carpet will show wear and tear and will require replacing much sooner than one cleaned regularly, helping to protect and prolong your investment.
Six Steps to Expert Carpet Cleaning
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has set the gold standard for professional carpet care and cleaning. Here at Maid Magic, we adhere to their principles by following the six steps listed below:
- Removal of dry soil. A deep vacuuming is performed, using agitation and high quality filters to remove a large percentage of particulate.
- Applying a preconditioning solution. This solution is designed to separate the soils from the carpet fibers.
- Agitation of the preconditioning solution. Agitation ensures maximum contact between the solution and the fibers.
- Soil removal with a hot water rinse. There is a reason that this is the most commonly used method of soil extraction – a hot water rinse is a highly effective method of soil removal. A truck mounted, high efficiency system is capable of removing both the cleaning solution and any particulates residing in your carpet.
- Grooming.Used to improve the overall appearance of your carpeting, grooming can help restore the pile and eliminate any matting.
- Drying. This is a critical step in the cleaning process, as a damp carpet can cause odors or accidents and attract soil. Most carpets take between two and six hours to thoroughly dry.
Need carpet or upholstery cleaning for your home or office? We can schedule you now. Give us a call at (301) 434-1400.